Wednesday, November 2

What will it be?

This time of year we are all thinking about Christmas. There are plans to make, presents to buy and a Christmas journal to think about.

2007 was the first year I signed up for Shimelle's Christmas Journal Class.

An 8x8 book where I pretty much stuck to Shimelle's prompts.
 For 2008 I upsized to a 12x12 album

This size I loved, I'd felt restricted the year before so moving up a size or two was great.
 In September 2009 I returned to work after a six year career break, so I moved back down to a more manageable size.
 This album was from Paperchase and based on black pages......I love it!

My Christmas journal has become a diary of our family events during the month of December. At this time last year I toyed with the idea of not doing the journal.....but how could I not do a journal, it is now become something of a tradition.

For a few years I'd admired Ali Edwards December Daily and after watching her tutorial on the digital overlays I considered a journal based on large photos for 2010. This turned out to be a great alternative.

 The book was 8x6, the size of each photo....and again I love it! Although I'd have to watch the tutorials again to see how it's done.

So this year what will it be?? Any suggestions??
 If any of you have any ideas based on something you've either made or would like to make please do leave a comment or link I'd love to hear.

I just love Christmas!!

Thank you all for stopping by.

15 comments:

  1. Your albums look amazing, how I'd love to flick through them. This year will be my third year, 8x8 2009, 6x6 2010 and I think I'm going for 6x6 again this year but for the first time ever I'll scrap some 12x12 pages for my normal albums :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm deliberating too. I'm thinking about 8.5 x 11 because I bought one of these albums and then decided to file chronologically in AC D-rings so the size doesn't matter. I did most of it last year and I went with 8x8. I'm thinking of doing it horizontally so I can almost have a square page to do the layout and make a side panel for lots of journalling - this has suddenly become really important to me. I like the overlays a lot though. Well done on completing so many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done 6x6 and digital, love that black album

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your albums are fantastic Louise. I think my favourite is the last one the DD with the overlay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing Louise! I had never thought about doing anything like this before but it is such an amazing idea! I can't wait to see what you choose to do this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Louise these album look amazing so many gorgeus details in there!!!!
    Just such a great idea!!!
    I wish a wonderful wek.
    Kisses and huges
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great selection. I love the big photos in the last album. I plan to do December daily this year too but I'm a digi scrapper. I'm planning an 8.5in square book. The unfortunate thing with that is that there's no transparent pages like the one you've included. It's almost enough to tempt me over ... almost.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your albums look fantastic Louise x
    I always do 8x8 but not sure why!
    maybe it's time for me to shake it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, what a lovely Christmassy round-up! You have put me in the mood fora bit of Christmas catalogue browsing this afternoon, as I look out at a snowy sky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your albums look great....I did my first one last year (8x8) and have ordered the same size for this year
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for sharing your gorgeous albums, I signed up last year but didn't actually make an album so I really want to this year. I am hoping to join in Shimelles planning weekend so I can prep a lot of pages in advance as it gets so busy in December. Look forward to seeing what you do this year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A difficult decision! I think if it were me I would be going with a smaller album - not so daunting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. it is difficult deciding isèt itÉ This year I have decided to take a class at my LSS where I will be making a December Daily album based on Ali Edwards projects. I will try to incorporate Shimelleès prompts too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't know - I was thinking the A4 size as I've never scrapped in that size before - those albums are gorgeous can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your 2009 albumn. I did JYC one year but we are so boring that I think all my albumns would say the same if I did it every year. Looking forward to seeing this years.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...